The new call for applications for Carlos Salas Scholarships promotes excellence in commercial pilot training and supports young people in their access to the profession. In the first call for applications, two grants of 12,500 euros each will be awarded to cover the cost of the aircraft type rating course, which involves a high economic cost.
In this way, Sepla, COPAC and GTA are filling a gap in the training of future pilots in Spain. The requirements for access to the scholarship are:
- To have obtained the CPL (A)- ATPL (A) “frozen” EASA pilot licence in the 36 months prior to the 2022 scholarship call date.
- Be in possession of an EASA Class 1 medical certificate.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from your training institution.
- Have passed the university entrance exam (EVAU), or equivalent.
- Meet the prerequisites for access to a GTA type HT before the start of the scholarship selection process.
- Be a Spanish national or a national of a European Union country.
A study and award committee will evaluate all applications and assign a score based on objective criteria. Candidates will have to pass a personal interview and a simulator test, to which the 10 applicants with the highest scores will be admitted. Sepla members will receive an additional five points in the first phase of the process.
The scholarships aim to honour the memory of Carlos Salas, airline commander and dean of COPAC, who passed away in May 2021.
- Consult here the terms and conditions of the Carlos Salas Scholarships call for applications.
- Submit their candidacy through this link before 15 July 2022.